We are planning an event-filled March for National Athletic Training Month! We hope you can attend all of the events, but if not, there is a variety of events to chose from! Look out for email updates!
Take a look at National Athletic Training Month Weekly packages put together by yout NATA Public Relations Committee! These are great resources and suggestions to help promote athletic training to those in your area.
Challenge Together for Hawaii:
On March 12th, HATA will be sponsoring an event called "Challenge for Hawaii".
- Date: Sunday March 12th
- Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm (Participating athletic trainers can sign-up for shifts prior to the event: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d74Xa8Wd4VbObKvp0gzi0foLcHgVEKdDGES-5nSqPqE/edit?usp=sharing)
- Place: Queen Kapiolani Park, Area 27 & 28
- Main Event Sponsor: Hawaii Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Event Host: Oahu Interscholastic Association Athletic Trainers
- Participants/Attendees: All athletic trainers are invited to participate
OBJECTIVE OF THE EVENT:
- To raise awareness of athletic training among the general public
- To strengthen the athletic training community within the state
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO:
- “Relay for 6.7”: Participating athletic trainers will be completing laps either by running or walking around the park for 6.7 hours in a relay fashion to honor 67th anniversary of the National Athletic Trainer’s Association. Runner/walker who accumulated the most laps will be awarded
- “Athletic Training Station” for the park users and provide educational information in the form of handouts, fliers, cards, etc. to promote Athletic Training
HCAMP Sports and Health Fair:
Date: Wednesday, March 15th, 2017
Location: UH Manoa Campus Center Courtyard
What to bring: Yourself!
What to wear: Polo/Khakis or other Hawaii business casual attire
The Hawaii Concussion Management and Awareness Program (HCAMP), the DOE, and UH Manoa are teaming up to present the HCAMP Sports and Health Fair at UH Manoa; a concussion education event geared toward the general UH Manoa population. They are looking for 6-8 volunteers to help run small activities and help educate the UH Manoa community about concussions and Return to Learn protocols. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
James Campbell National Wildlife Refuge Clean-Up:
Date: Sunday, March 19th, 2017
Time: 9:00am-12:00pm; Potluck to follow
Location: James Campbell National Wildlife Refuge
What to bring: Trash bags, water bottles, potluck food
What to wear: Shorts, HATA apparel, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, slippers
Deadline to sign up: Tuesday March 14th
The HATA Adventure Club would like to invite you to the James Campbell National Wildlife Refuge for a volunteer clean-up day! We will be cleaning up trash left among the refuge as well as potlucking after the job is done. Due to the restrictions of cooking at the refuge, we must bring ready-to-eat food. If you would like to stay for the pot-luck, please bring nonperishable food or food in warmers. If you are interested in joining us, please fill out the google document so we can coordinate food and carpooling!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NATM Rainbow Warrior Baseball Game:
Date: Sunday, March 26th, 2017
Time: 11:00am-1:00pm Tailgate; 1:00pm Baseball Game
Location: UH Manoa KRS AT Lab and Les Murakami Stadium
Cost: Free tickets for HATA Members, $7 for guests, $3 for youth, and $6 for Parking
What to bring: BYOB if you please
What to wear: HATA Apparel/comfortable clothes
The last and final event of National Athletic Training Month will be on Sunday, March 26th. We invite you to support the UH Rainbow Warrior baseball team as they take on the San Jose State Spartans at Les Murakami Stadium! The first 50 HATA members to RSVP will get a FREE ticket to the baseball game! Tickets are $7 each for guests and members (after the first 50 RSVPs). Youth tickets (ages 4-17) are $3 each. UH Manoa students are free with a valid student ID and will not be included in the first 50.
First pitch is at 1:05PM, however, HATA will be hosting a tailgate event beginning at 11AM in the KRS AT lab for members and guests. The KRS AT lab is located between the athletic training room and the pool on the ground level. There will be complimentary food and beverages (alcohol is BYOB) being served before the game.
To RSVP, please fill out THIS FORM by FRIDAY, MARCH 14th. Payment for guest tickets will be due before you receive the ticket on March 26th. Since HATA is paying for the tickets in advance and providing food, please let us know by FRIDAY, MARCH 14th if you have any changes to your RSVP. If you do not let us know of any change of plans by March 17th, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF THE TICKETS YOU RSVP'D FOR.